EFFECTIVE MARCH 25, 2019
CamoflashWear will not share or disclose any of our customers’ private information with any third parties or organizations. All our customers’ details are kept in secure and encrypted cloud servers.
We respect the privacy of our users and want to ensure that every measure is taken to protect your personal information in the event we need or are required to collect and store it. This Policy is for that purpose.
CamoflashWear exist only as an online store with headquarters located in Sweden, this document describes the privacy practices and how data is collected and processed by us in connection with the use of our website (camoflashwear.com), applications and other platforms (the “Platforms”). This Policy is also intended to explain the conditions under which we collect, use, and disclose personal and other data in connection with the Platforms, and your rights in relation to that information.
By visiting and/or using the Platforms, you consent to our collection, use and transfer of your personal and other information for processing in Europe as described in this Policy.
The personal and other information that we collect about you is controlled by us and our secure payment gateway exclusively. If you reside or are otherwise located outside Europe, please note that the information and data we collect will be processed and stored in Sweden. Data protection and privacy laws, rules, and regulations in Europe may differ from those in the jurisdiction in which you are located, and may not have the same level of protection as the laws, rules and regulations in the country or territory in which you reside or are located. Your use of the Platforms and the providing of information to us constitutes your consent to the transfer to and processing of your personal information in Sweden unless otherwise stated within this Policy.
EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS: The Policy outlines the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal and other information and provides all other necessary information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)
“Personal information” is information we can use to identify you, directly or indirectly, with or without additional information. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, other payment information, and certain “cookies.”
We collect both personal information and non-personal information about Platform users. For purposes of this Policy, “non-personal information” is information that we cannot directly associate with a specific person without the aid of additional information. When we combine non-personal information with personal information, we treat all of the combined information as personal information.
We collect, use, and disseminate personal information in accordance with this Policy in order to, without necessarily any limitation, operate and improve the Platforms; market and advertise our services and products; improve our business and the level of service we strive to offer our customers; and to comply with legal requirements.
How Personal Information is collected
The following are the ways in which we may collect your personal information. The purposes for these uses are discussed in the section that follows, called “How we use the personal and non-personal information that we collect.”
- Registration: In order to subscribe to certain services or use many features offered on our Platforms, you may be required to register by providing certain personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, shipping address, and/or payment information.
- Purchases: If you purchase a product or service from us, we require certain personal information from you on our order form. This personal information may include your name, email address, shipping address, and payment information.
- Social Media: Certain of our Platforms are connected to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These social media platforms allow users to submit personal information that may be accessible to other users and/or the general public. You may be required to first register with the social media platform by providing information such as an email address, display name, and password. Registrants also may choose to voluntarily provide additional information, including an avatar image, a biography, and/or information about their location on the social media platforms. And, of course, registrants may disclose personal and other information through their posted content.
- Feedback: Our online contact form also contains a “message” field through which you may submit additional personal information.
- Surveys, Contests, and Promotions: From time to time, we may ask Platform users to participate in surveys, contests, or promotions. Taking part in such surveys, contests or promotions may require you to submit personal information, such as your name, address, email address, and date of birth.
- Tracking technologies: When you use the Platforms, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser, which may include your IP address and domain name, the pages you visit or the features you use on the Platforms, the date and time of your visit, the files that you download, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Platforms, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), web beacons, device, IDs, advertising IDs, and certain cookie information. To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your computer or device and gather information about its online activity. Click here to read our “Cookies Policy.”
How we use the personal and non-personal information that we collect
We use the information that we collect as set forth above for a variety of purposes. For instance, we may use it: to respond to your questions or requests concerning the Platforms or other services offered by us; to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us; to fulfill your requests for our services and orders for products or otherwise complete a transaction that you initiate; to send you information about our products and/or services, the status of any orders, and other topics that are likely to be of interest to you, including newsletters, updates, or other communications; to authenticate billing and identification information; to deliver confirmations, account information, notifications, goods or products, service-related announcements, and similar operational communications; to improve or personalize your user experience; to improve the quality of our products and services; to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements; and to manage our business.
We use the non-personal information that we collect for such purposes as: counting and recognizing users of the Platforms; analyzing users’ demographics, interests, and behavior, including how they use the Platforms and various Platform features; improving the Platforms and enhancing users’ experiences with the Platforms; researching and creating new products and services or improving our existing products and services; enabling additional website and application analytics and research concerning the Platforms; and managing our business. We may link non-personal information gathered using certain tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons with personal information. But in that event, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
This section applies if you reside outside the European Union. It is possible that more than one legal basis may apply. As previously outlined in this Policy, there are several reasons why we may collect and process your personal information.
Your consent may not be required depending on the circumstances under which your personal information is collected and/or used. Instances where consent is not required include, but are not limited to:
Performance of a contract: To perform our contractual obligations to you, including registration, processing, fulfilling, and shipping orders, contacting you about your order, your use of the Platforms, where we need to provide your personal information to within our different divisions and affiliated companies or companies that are owned or controlled by us and to our service providers, where we need to collect personal information from third party sources and when you access third party products and services, where we collect data from third parties or publicly-available sources, or to aggregate and centralize data.
Legal obligations: To comply with all laws, statutes, codes, rules, regulations, subpoenas, court orders, legal processes or, any other legal obligation.
Legitimate Interests: To operate our business, and provide the products and services offered on the Platforms, other than in performing our contractual obligations owed to you, for our “legitimate interests.” Legitimate interests include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- To communicate with you regarding our products, services, Platforms and any changes in the policies outlined herein, and to respond to any communications and/or requests you send to us for any reason.
- To provide you with promotional messages and surveys when you register and otherwise sign up to receive promotional messages and take part in surveys. However, a survey that is commercial in nature will not be sent to you unless you have already given us consent to receive marketing from us.
- To comply with our legal obligations and defend our rights and the rights of others, including providing your personal information to the appropriate authorities to assist in any legal investigation into possible unlawful activity.
- To improve, enhance, or otherwise change our products, services, and the Platforms, and for our own internal purposes geared towards improving our business, which includes research, analytics, innovation, testing, monitoring, customer communication, risk management, and administrative purposes.
- To enforce this Policy or agreements with third parties.
- In connection with the sale or transfer of all or part of our business, which includes the due diligence period of the potential transaction (determining whether to proceed with the transaction).
When Consent is Required
We may need to obtain your consent in order to collect and process your personal information, which may be provided in a number of ways as outlined below. Certain instances where we may request your consent include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- To contact you by email or other electronic means about other offers, products, promotions, or services that we think may be of interest to you and for other marketing purposes.
- To share your personal information with certain third parties that want to offer certain goods, services, offers, promotions, and/or programs. In this case, you will need to contact the third party in accordance with their policies about withdrawing consent.
- To use your personal information for research purposes and to contact you to see if you are interested in taking part in any market research campaigns or programs.
- To use your information to contact you and to connect with us or other third parties on social media.
- To use your personal information for special offers, events, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
Withdrawal of Consent
Withdrawing your consent to use your personal information may be accomplished at any time for any reason. We will not collect or use your personal information in the future once you withdraw your consent, to the extent your consent was necessary in order to collect or use such information. You may withdraw your consent by “opting out” of the purposes for which you had previously authorized us to collect and use your personal information by contacting us here with “opt out” in the subject line. You may click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email that contains one, such as promotional emails (which emails will also have instructions for opting out of that type of communication in the future).
We will remove you from our e-mailing list as soon as possible after receiving notification from you that you have chosen to “opt out.”
Please refer to our “Cookies Policy” by clicking here with respect to withdrawing any other form of consent.
Your personal information will be retained by us as long as is necessary pursuant to this Policy. We will delete your personal information when it is no longer needed or required to be maintained by us pursuant to this Policy, and when appropriate and authorized by applicable law.
You also have the right “to be forgotten” and having all of your personal information deleted by submitting a request to us at email@example.com to delete your personal information. We will endeavor to delete your personal information as soon as possible upon receipt of your request.
If you have any questions regarding the deletion or retention of your personal information, please contact us here.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time. We will post all changes to this policy on this website, so you should review the policy periodically. To the extent permitted, we will notify you directly of any changes to this policy in the future. Any such amendments to this policy may apply to information we collect in the future as well as any information we obtained prior to such amendment. If we make a material change to this policy, we will provide appropriate notice as required by law.
Questions or comments
If you have any questions or comments at all regarding this Policy, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org